Monday, March 23, 2009

Luck O' the Irish

In our house, we take St. Patricks Day very seriously. Over the years my sister has convinced all of us that we are truly Irish. Even if it is only in heart. We started of the holiday with a Breakfast at Brady's Parents house on the Saturday before. If was a lot of fun filled with green pancakes and treasure hunts.
This is our family with our St. Patrick Day headbands that Shay bought us.
Britton and Chase with all their cousins and Grandma and Grandpa Moline
Kiss the Cook! Shay came over on St. Patricks Day to bake cookies with the kids and make us an all green dinner. This was very much appreciated since I was sick on that day. She is a fantastic chef.
The Dinner consisted of green pasta, green salad, green garlic bread, and green punch, followed by green cookies. It tasted really good, much better than it looked:)

The family enjoying our dinner

To finish the night, Britton had his first basketball game with Itty Bitty Hoops. It is for 5 and 6 year olds only, so you can imagine how that is to watch. It was a fun experience.
Britton has been counting down the days until the next Tuesday so he can play basketball again. He thinks it is awesome and his favorite sport ever. Even though he only has played it once.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun St. Patty's Day. I always think of Shay on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Shay is a great aunt and went the extra mile. It is great to see your parents and Shay in the pictures, it has been such a long time since I have seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to see pictures of your family as I haven't seen them in so long. Your mom still looks so young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I write this comment I am imaging The Corrs in the background, and Shay trying out her Irish accent. St Patrick Day is always fun at the Moline/Cunningham house. I know I have good memories being a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey J! I found your blog from Stephanie. Hope it's ok that I add you to my friend list! How are you guys doing? Has Brady had any luck yet? I guess I could just walk my lazy butt down the street and talk to you?! Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete